Most modeling and development approaches focus on a particular niche area, such as systems or software development, but systems engineering was intended to cover the entire lifecycle. Dr. Steven Dam has developed a methodology that cuts through the different techniques (SysML, UML, BPMN, Electrical Engineering notation, etc.) to develop an approach that spans the entire lifecycle and enables translation into any of these other forms. This tutorial will discuss:
- The breadth of languages used today for modeling portions of the lifecycle;
- Describe a new Lifecycle Modeling Language that enables modeling in all domains, from Concept Development through Disposal, including the necessary programmatics;
- Discusses a process that uses the LML technique to model the entire lifecycle;
- Introduces a new tool for lifecycle modeling and simulation;
- Discusses how the new tool and technique can be used to translate information from LML to any other language;
- Discusses how this new approach can cut the cost and time required for development.